We are seeking a Western Regional Market Development Agronomist in Golf Turf.
Candidate would cover the Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona region.
Our Client is an industry leading manufacturer and supplier of materials which help golf courses establish sustainable green space through water and soil management and plant establishment.
Their products and resources are designed to help golf course architects, builders and superintendents find the most effective solutions for both maintenance and construction.
Basic Job responsibilities:
- Identify, pursue and develop working relationships with ASI’s (Architects, Specifiers and Influencers) including architects, builders, agronomic consultants and developers domestically and internationally finding projects and selling products into these projects.
- Provide face to face and onsite project support and educational meetings with golf ASI’s domestic and some international.
- Travel and train select golf distributors in the territory.
- Provide onsite project support and provide project specification and recommendations.
- Create product “pull” through specification of products via lunch and learn seminars
- Establish and maintain relationships superintendents on courses constructed with our Client’s products
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidate will report directly to the VP of Marketing
- Provide agronomic expertise & support on golf course, landscape and sports turf applications
- Develop and nurture relationships with a targeted list of ASIs which includes but not limited to Golf Course Architects, MLB and NFL groundskeepers, Golf Course Builders, Key Influencers, Golf Course Management Companies
- Provide feedback on competitive issues and changing market conditions.
- Track and record project opportunities in CRM.
- Travel will be a minimum of 50% of days worked with possibly 1 to 3 trips internationally. Domestic travel would be comprised of working selected trade shows and ASI pursuit and in the assigned territory conduct training/educational seminars and project support as described above.
Submittal of planning calendars, travel reports, expense reports and weekly updates
- College degree required with 5 + years of golf course or agronomic selling experience
- Strong agronomic knowledge of soils, erosion & sediment control, and turf establishment as it relates to golf course and sports field construction
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret soil tests and University research.
- Has established relationships and contacts within the golf course construction market with architects, builders and key ASI’s domestically and internationally.
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple groups providing leadership and support for achieving desired results.
- Have excellent presentation skills with the ability to present to groups from 1 to 500+.
- Willing to successfully execute cold sales calls.
- Proficient in using PowerPoint, Excel, Word and experience in CRM programs
Interested in exploring this job opportunity? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
It's 100% confidential.